Evening primrose oil (EPO) is sourced from the seeds of the evening primrose plant and is a very good source of gamma linolenic acid (GLA)or Omega 6, a fatty acid which is converted by the body into prostaglandin E1 and is unable to be manufactured by the body.
- Both Omega 3 and Omega 6 are unable to be synthesised in the body and must be supplemented externally.
- Evening primrose oil provides support for the hormonal system, the endocrine system the skin and the structural system.
- Other sources of GLA are black currant seed oil and borage oil.
- Ageing, glucose intolerance and a dietary intake high in fat are all thought to reduce GLA content in the body.
- It has been suggested that magnesium, zinc, vitamin C, Niacin and vitamin B6 should be supplemented with evening primrose oil.
Comvita Evening Primrose Oil with Borage Oil Softgels 300
Great for skin elasticity, heart health and hormonal balance.$139.85 $120.27
Ethical Nutrients Primrose, Fish Oil & Vitamin E Capsules 60
Essential Fatty Acids with Vitamin E.$34.07 $29.30
Ethical Nutrients Hi-Strength Evening Primrose Oil Capsules 60
A high-strength source of Omega-6 Fatty Acid (Gamma linolenic acid).$26.86 $23.10
Thompsons Evening Primrose Oil Capsules 300
Relieves menstrual symptoms, Skin conditions and issists with mood.$73.85 $36.80
Thompsons Evening Primrose Oil 1000mg Capsules 70
Relieves menstrual symptoms, Skin conditions and issists with moods.$35.53 $28.43
Go Evening Primrose Oil 1000mg Softgels 220
New Zealand certified cold pressed evening primrose oil.$35.27 $24.69
Blackmores Evening Primrose Oil 1000mg Capsules 190
Natural source of Omega 6.$41.70 $32.80
Natures Own Evening Primrose Oil 1000mg Capsules 50
Needed for the production of prostaglandins which are necessary for many biological functions.$16.25 $13.98
Natures Own Evening Primrose Oil 1000mg Capsules 100
Needed for the production of prostaglandins which are necessary for many biological functions.$29.05 $24.98
Clinicians Evening Primrose Oil 1000mg Capsules 90
A source of essential fatty acids.$23.90 $18.30
blog & more!
Click here to read