Supports the immune system
A rich, natural source of vitamins A and D and omega-3 fatty acids. Vitamin A helps to maintain healthy respiratory and digestive tract linings which are the first line of defence against infection. It also supports a healthy immune system. Vitamin D is essential for optimal calcium absorption.
Features and benefits
* High potency
* Rich source of vitamins A and D
* Supports a healthy immune system
* Maintains healthy mucous membranes of the respiratory and digestive tracts
* Helps to maintain bone health
* Supports healthy skin
* Helps to relieve joint tenderness and stiffness associated with rheumatoid arthritis
How it works
Cod Liver oil is a source of the fat-soluble vitamins A and D.
Vitamin A is essential for the formation of healthy epithelial cells, and therefore for the maintenance of healthy skin and mucous membranes, such as those lining the digestive and respiratory tracts. Epithelial cells form a protective layer on internal and external body surfaces. Many epithelial cells produce mucus which is necessary to lubricate body surfaces and strengthen the defence system provided by these cells. In this way, Vitamin A supports the maintenance of a healthy immune system.
Vitamin D is essential for the optimal uptake of calcium from the intestine into the blood and helps maintain normal blood and bone levels of calcium.
What else should I know?
Cod liver oil (natural) 1000 mg
Vitamin A 1000 IU
Vitamin D3 (Cholecalciferol 2.5 µg) 100 IU
Adults - Take 1 to 3 capsules once a day with a meal, or as professionally prescribed.
Children 4-12 years- Take 1 capsule a day (pierce and squeeze into milk, juice or cereal), or as professionally prescribed. Children under 4 years – only as professionally prescribed.
* The recommended adult daily amount of vitamin A from all sources is 2500IU. When taken in excess of 8,000 IU vitamin A can cause birth defects. If you are pregnant, or considering becoming pregnant, do not take vitamin A supplements without consulting your doctor or pharmacist.
* Always read the label. Use only as directed.
NOTE: Customer reviews are written by website visitors and are not intended as medical advice.
Average Customer Review: Not yet rated
Write an online review and share your thoughts with others.
Learn more about
blog & more!
Natural Instinct Protect & Revive Conditioner 250ml
NZ $13.99NZ $10.95
Natural Instinct Protect & Revive Shampoo 250ml
NZ $13.99NZ $10.95
Tints of Nature - Natural Platinum Blonde 10N
NZ $29.95NZ $18.92
Click here to read