Active manuka honey is produced by honey bees from the nectar from the flowers of two New Zealand native plants, the manuka and kanuka tree.
(tea tree). Manuka and kanuka plants had been used as a traditional product by Maori and also by early European settlers in New Zealand for medical purposes.
- Manuka honey has a viscous texture due to the presence of a protein which also gives it the dark colouration.
- Manuka honey has a strong and unique flavour, and the active version is antiseptic.These potent antiseptic qualities are unique to New Zealand manuka honey
- The manuka honey is graded into different UMF (unique manuka factors) activity which denotes it's antiseptic and protectant capacity
- Manuka Honey may be beneficial orally for the digestive system ,the intestinal system and the stomach and it can also be applied topically to support burns and abrasions.
- The Honey Collection Manuka Magic 50g NZ $22.90 NZ $19.12
- Comvita Manuka Honey Milk Chews Strawberry, 60 chews NZ $17.00 NZ $11.55
- Comvita Manuka Honey Milk Chews Original, 60 chews NZ $17.00 NZ $11.55
- Comvita UMF18+ Manuka Honey, 250 g NZ $162.88
- Comvita Kids Honey, 250g NZ $11.00 NZ $8.85
- Comvita Clover Honey, 1kg NZ $37.00 NZ $29.92
- Comvita Clover Honey, 500g NZ $20.00 NZ $15.65
- Comvita Clover Honey, 250 g NZ $11.00 NZ $8.85
- Comvita Rewarewa Honey, 1kg NZ $37.00 NZ $29.92
- Comvita Rewarewa Honey, 500g NZ $20.00 NZ $15.65
- Comvita Rewarewa Honey, 250g NZ $11.00 NZ $8.85
- Comvita Wildlands Honey 1kg NZ $37.00 NZ $29.92
- Comvita Southernlands Honey, 1kg NZ $40.48 NZ $29.92
- Comvita Southernlands Honey, 500 g NZ $20.00 NZ $15.65
- Comvita Southernlands Honey, 250 g NZ $11.00 NZ $8.83
- Comvita Manuka Honey Blend with Lemon, 1 kg NZ $53.00 NZ $43.52
browse by condition
health chemist blog
Regular articles about health conditions and health products.read all blog
Join Us on Facebook
for special offers, giveaways, & more!