Vitamin A is a fat-soluble vitamin which boosts immune function and helps maintain healthy eyes and skin. The Vitamin A group includes retinol, retinal, and provitamin A carotenoids. The most important of these is beta-carotene, which comes from vegetables and plants and is important for eyesight.
Most people get enough Vitamin A through their normal diet. It is found in meats and vegetables, however Vitamin A supplementation can be useful to support the eyes and skin, or your health practitioner may suggest a course of Vitamin A when the dietary intake is insufficient, or for a specific condition.
- Having enough vitamin A will support your immune system, assist your eyes and skin to stay healthy, support overall growth and development and provide an anti-oxidant which assists metabolism.
- Vitamin A should not be taken during pregnancy, or for women planning a pregnancy, as an excess can cause birth defects. Consult your doctor if you are pregnant and wish to take Vitamin A.
- Did you know� the story that �eating your carrots will help you see in the dark� is due to the high level of Vitamin A in them!
- Radiance Clear Skin Detoxifying Herbal Formula 60 capsules NZ $47.15 NZ $37.13
- Vita Fit Selenium ACE Antioxidant - 50 tablets NZ $19.50 NZ $15.21
- Natures Own Cod Liver Oil Capsules 100 NZ $13.60 NZ $11.70
Apicare Cleanse Me Wash 500ml
NZ $24.05NZ $18.24
Bepure Collagen & Ceramides + Hyaluronic Acid Powder 182g
NZ $79.00NZ $66.36
Apicare Baby Bee Shampoo + Wash 300ml
NZ $19.23NZ $14.57
browse by condition
health chemist blog
Regular articles about health conditions and health products.read all blog
Join Us on Facebook
for special offers, giveaways, & more!