Clinicians OmegaGen Neptune Krill Oil is a concentrated Omega-3 from Krill Oil.
Krill are shrimp-like crustaceans from the Zoo-Plankton family. These planktonic crustaceans live in the coldest of seas. Krill are actually a traditional food for both humans and marine animals.
The cell membranes of Krill contain a high amount of eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) essential fatty acids. Essential fatty acids (EFA’s) are essential to human health as they are involved in every biological process in the body. Both EPA and DHA may provide neuro-protective support for healthy brain function, mental clarity and focus, as well as providing joint support and a general sense of well being. Without EFA’s in our diet our cells become less flexible and do not release enough waste products, and our cell membranes become like a perished bicycle tube - brittle and leaky.
Omega-3 and Omega-6 are essential fatty acids. Historically, our diet contained an equal ratio of Omega-3 (which we got from fish oil) and Omega-6 (which we got mainly from nuts, grains, legumes and vegetable oil. Today the Western diet has become too low in Omega-3 and too high in Omega-6. This imbalance may have far reaching effects given the diverse functions of EPA and DHA within the body.1 The ratio of Omega-3 to Omega-6 in Clinicians™ OmegaGen Neptune Krill Oil is (15:1) which means it offers optimum support for a wide range of biological processes.
Krill oil has demonstrated superiority over standard fish oils. It supports many areas of the body including the heart via cholesterol and triglyceride balance, the brain via mental clarity and cognition, the hormones via menstrual cycle regulation3and supports healthy joints and bones4The key factors that separate Krill oil from standard fish oils are:
- Higher antioxidant content - including vitamin A, E and astaxanthin (a carotenoid-like substance).
- Krill oil has over 47 times more antioxidant protection when compared with standard fish oils.
- Enhanced bioavailability - Krill contains phospholipid liposomes (little envelopes that carry Omega-3 and antioxidants into the cells) and this enhances the absorption of these important nutrients when compared to triglyceride carriers found in standard fish oils.
- Better ratio of Omega-3 to Omega-6.
- Greater purity - free of detectable heavy metals, dioxins and pesticides - Krill is sourced from the southern part of the Antarctic Ocean and harvested under strict conditions to ensure Krill are clean and pure.
- Reflux free - fishy reflux is unlikely to occur after ingestion.
- Sustainable resource - Clinicians™ OmegaGen Neptune Krill Oil is harvested under strict regulations so that resources are not depleted or the food chain disturbed.
Krill plays a crucial role in the Antarctic ecosystem so because of this harvesting is highly regulated and restriced via the International Convention on the Conservation of Antarctic Marine Living Resources (CCAMLR). The Krill harvested for Neptune Krill Oil are derived only from countries which are signatories to the convention. As the distributor of Neptune Krill Oil in New Zealand we are very conscious of the environmental issues and would only work with suppliers who are signatories to the convention.
What else should I know?
Each softgel capsule contains:
Euphausia superba oil 440mg,NZ Salmon Oil 60mg Equiv to: Eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) 60mg, Docosahexaenoic acid (DHA) 30mg, Phospholipids 200mg.ASlso contains Astazanthin (a powerful antioxidant)
Adults:Take 1 to 2 capsules daily.
Children 6 years and over:1 capsule daily.
For young children the contents of a capsule can be mixed with food.
Do not take while pregnant or breastfeeding. This product is derived from seafood. Individuals with an allergy to seafood should avoid this product. Keep out of the reach of children.
NOTE: Customer reviews are written by website visitors and are not intended as medical advice.
Average Customer Review: Not yet rated
Write an online review and share your thoughts with others.
Learn more about
blog & more!
Click here to read