For the treatment of cold sores.
Povidone iodine belongs to a class of antiseptics known as iodophores. These chemicals exert their antiseptic effect by slowly releasing iodine. Antiseptics (sometimes called germicides) are chemicals that kill or prevent the growth of micro-organisms such as bacteria, fungi, viruses, protozoa and bacterial spores. Povidone iodine ointment is used for the treatment or prevention of infection in minor cuts and abrasions, minor surgical procedures and small areas of burns. It is also used for the treatment of fungal and bacterial skin infections and pyodermas and in the treatment of infections in decubitus and stasis ulcers (bedsores and leg ulcers). In the presence of blood, serum, purulent exudate and necrotic (dead) tissue, its action persists while the colour remains.
Use for:- Infected wounds or ulcers
- Treatment or prevention of infection in minor cuts and abrasions, minor surgical procedures and small areas of burns. Treatment of fungal and bacterial skin infections and pyodermas.
What else should I know?
Povidone Iodine 10% equiv to 1% available iodine.
Apply at the first sign of cold sore (Itching or tingling).
Not to be used in:
- Allergy to iodine
- Children under 2 years of age
- Regular use should be avoided when taking lithium.
- This medicine should not be used regularly by pregnant or breast-feeding women.
- Thyroid disorders such as nodular colloidal goitre, endemic goitre or Hashimoto's thyroiditis (do not use regularly in these conditions)
This medicine should not be used if you are allergic to one or any of its ingredients. Please inform your doctor or pharmacist if you have previously experienced such an allergy. If you feel you have experienced an allergic reaction, stop using this medicine and inform your doctor or pharmacist immediately.
NOTE: Customer reviews are written by website visitors and are not intended as medical advice.
Average Customer Review: Not yet rated
Write an online review and share your thoughts with others.
blog & more!
Hive 175 Lip Balm 5 Pack
NZ $44.80NZ $31.98
Hive 175 Manuka Honey Soap 85g
NZ $11.40NZ $8.12
Hive 175 Manuka Honey Conditioning Hand Creme 30ml
NZ $7.90NZ $5.66
Click here to read