Evening primrose oil (EPO) is sourced from the seeds of the evening primrose plant and is a very good source of gamma linolenic acid (GLA)or Omega 6, a fatty acid which is converted by the body into prostaglandin E1 and is unable to be manufactured by the body.
- Both Omega 3 and Omega 6 are unable to be synthesised in the body and must be supplemented externally.
- Evening primrose oil provides support for the hormonal system, the endocrine system the skin and the structural system.
- Other sources of GLA are black currant seed oil and borage oil.
- Ageing, glucose intolerance and a dietary intake high in fat are all thought to reduce GLA content in the body.
- It has been suggested that magnesium, zinc, vitamin C, Niacin and vitamin B6 should be supplemented with evening primrose oil.
- Go EPO Pure Evening Primrose Oil 1000mg Capsules 90 NZ $23.99 NZ $13.57
- Efamol Evening Primrose Oil Capsules 180 NZ $89.91 NZ $78.26
- Efamol Evening Primrose Oil Capsules 33 NZ $28.90 NZ $25.14
- Efamol Evening Primrose Oil Capsules 90 NZ $59.98 NZ $52.16
- Thompsons Omega Combination (Omega 3 & 6) Capsules 50 NZ $29.44 NZ $20.67
browse by condition
health chemist blog
Regular articles about health conditions and health products.read all blog
Join Us on Facebook
for special offers, giveaways, & more!