Fish oil is predominantly sourced from oily fish such as Tuna,Salmon,Mackerel,Anchovies, herring and cod.
Fish oil contains both eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA) and docosahexaenoic acid (DHA)which are useful for production of nerve tissue, hormones and cellular tissue.
Different formulations of fish oil have varing quanties of EPA and DHA per capsule, so different products have varying strengths in fish oils.
- Fish oil provides support for the cardiovascular system and the circulatory system and the skin.
- It also provides support for a healthy intestinal system and nervous system.
- It is also supportive for healthy stress levels and provides support for the structural system.
- It is thought that the western diet may be deficient in EPA and DHA.
- Fish oil is available in capsule form and liquid form
- If you are on anticoagulant medication, insulin or oral hypoglycaemics, please check with your health professional before taking fish oil
- Blackmores Fish Oil 1000 Capsules 200 NZ $28.75 NZ $16.13
- Blackmores Evening Primrose Oil + Fish Oil Capsules 60 NZ $25.08 NZ $20.77
- Thompsons Cod Liver Oil Capsules 100 NZ $17.50 NZ $12.94
- Thompsons Salmon Oil Plus 1000mg 300 Capsules NZ $64.70 NZ $47.97
- Goodhealth Omega 3 1000mg Capsules 150 special NZ $30.90 NZ $8.80
- Good Health Omega 3 - 1000mg capsules 70 NZ $17.50 NZ $8.06
- Thompsons Omega Combination (Omega 3 & 6) Capsules 50 NZ $29.44 NZ $20.67
- Natures Own Cod Liver Oil Capsules 100 NZ $13.60 NZ $11.70
browse by condition
health chemist blog
Regular articles about health conditions and health products.read all blog
Join Us on Facebook
for special offers, giveaways, & more!