Natural source of Omega 6.
Blackmores Evening Primrose Oil provides a rich natural source of the important omega-6 essential fatty acid gamma-linolenic acid (GLA). Some people may not get enough GLA in their diet, therefore supplementation may be beneficial. Low levels of GLA have been found in adults and children with atopic eczema and atopic dermatitis, as well as women with premenstrual syndrome.
Features and benefits
* Natural source of omega-6 essential fatty acids.
* Rich source of gamma-linolenic acid (GLA).
* Low levels of GLA have been found in adults and children with atopic eczema and atopic dermatitis, as well as women with premenstrual syndrome.
How it works
* Evening primrose oil (EPO) is a source of the omega-6 essential fatty acids gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) and linoleic acid (LA). Omega-6 fatty acids and substances made from them, are components of nerve cells, all cell membranes and hormone-like substances known as prostaglandins. Prostaglandins have multiple local hormone-like actions, which include regulation of tissue inflammation. Conditions that involve inflammation, such as eczema, may benefit from supplementation with omega-6 essential fatty acids.
* Low levels of GLA have been found in women with premenstrual syndrome (PMS). Essential fatty acid deficiency can lead to an excess of the female hormone prolactin which is responsible for many of the symptoms of PMS. Supplementing with EPO increases a prostaglandin known as PGE1, which may help with the symptoms of PMS. Lifestyle factors such as excess saturated fats in the diet, ongoing high stress levels, alcohol consumption, and smoking may all affect GLA metabolism, leading to the need for dietary supplementation.
What else should I know?
Evening primrose oil (EPO)
gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) 1g (1000mg)
Adults -Take 1 to 3 capsules once a day with a meal, or as professionally prescribed.
Children 6-12 years - Take 1 to 2 capsules once a day (pierce and squeeze into milk, juice or cereal), or as professionally prescribed.
Children 2-6 years - Take 1 capsule a day (pierce and squeeze into milk, juice or cereal), or as professionally prescribed.
* May occasionally cause mild gastrointestinal symptoms or headache.
* Always read the label. Use only as directed.
* If symptoms persist, see your healthcare professional.
NOTE: Customer reviews are written by website visitors and are not intended as medical advice.
Average Customer Review: Not yet rated
Write an online review and share your thoughts with others.
Learn more about
blog & more!
Apicare Restorative Rich Night Creme 50g
NZ $29.35NZ $24.73
Apicare Even Brighter Serum 30g
NZ $29.85NZ $23.96
Apicare Cleanse Me Hand and Body Wash Fragrance Free 500ML
NZ $23.62NZ $19.31
Click here to read