Specially formulated from a combination of pine extracts, water and citronella.
Nit Enz Organic Shampoo is safe, effective and affordable way to eliminate lice infestation.
Helps to avoid re-infestation permanently.
Nit Enz Organic Shampoo provides anti-septic and anti-fungal properties which helps to heal any sores Completely non-toxic formulation with thorough coverage of scalp.
Designed to provide safe, effective and affordable on-going system of control!
For best results, use in conjunction with a Nit-Enz head lice repellent.
What else should I know?
When infestation is present:
- Wet the hair with lukewarm water and thoroughly smother the scalp, behind the ears, along the neck line and right through to the hair tips with Nit Enz Organic Shampoo
- Put hair up and cover with glad wrap or a shower cap for about 20 minutes. We day 20 minutes because head lice can hold their breath for nearly 20 minutes but it doesn't matter if it's a but less or a bit more as the eggs will be affected on contact. The shower cap or glad wrap keeps in the pine vapours which affects their respiratory system plus it stops them from escaping.
- Place a flannel across the eyes for little ones and rinse the shampoo out, be sure to keep it out of the eyes. It will not damage the eyes but it will sting. If it gets in the eyes simply rinse out with cold water.
- Smother the hair with your normal conditioner and while still in the shower with the conditioner still run a nit comb through the hair from scalp to lip. The head lice and their eggs will come sliding out with the comb - rinse under the shower and wash down the plug hole. Keep repeating until no more lice or eggs are found on the comb!
- The eggs will go a lighter colour after shampooing, which means they will not hatch.
- Any remaining dead eggs will fall out on their own with on-going shampooing.
To prevent re-infestation:
- Simple use Nit Enz Organic Shampoo at least twice a week, just like your normal shampoo with your normal conditioner afterwards.
- Make sure you cover the scalp, behind the ears and along the neck line during shampooing as you are targeting the eggs which are always within a few centimeters of the scalp.
- It is not necessary to shampoo girl's long hair nor is it necessary to nit comb again as long as the shampoo is used at least twice a week. This is because nit eggs hatch every 7-10 days. So if you shampoo twice a week, the eggs will not have time to hatch, spread and become established.
A Nit Enz Head Lice Repellent product should be used daily or whenever in contact with anyone that may have head lice.
Note: Customer reviews are written by website visitors and are not intended as medical advice.
Average Customer Review: Not yet rated
Write an online review and share your thoughts with others.
browse by condition
health chemist blog
Regular articles about health conditions and health products.read all blog
Join Us on Facebook
for special offers, giveaways, & more!