Asteroid Ointment is a rapid acting cooling barrier ointment for burning, soreness and itching associated with external haemorrhoids and minor anal irritation.
Haemorrhoids, also called piles, are swollen veins in the anus and lower rectum and are so common that they are experienced by three out of every four adults from time to time.
Haemorrhoids can be thought of as a type of varicose vein in a very inconvenient location…they can be a big nuisance and a real ‘pain in the backside’.
Steroid free, which means it is fine for daily use, unlike some preparations which contain steroid ingredients.
What else should I know?
Asteroid Ointment contains a specially formulated blend of Zinc Oxide, Mentholum, Theobroma Cacao Seed Butter, NZ Manuka Honey (certified organic), and White Soft Paraffin.
- Squeeze a small amount of Asteroid Ointment from the nozzle end of the tube onto a wipe or toilet tissue.
- Apply gently to the anal region up to three times per day until condition is controlled.
- For best results apply after a bowel motion.
- Tube can be used for one year after opening.
- Store at room temperature and avoid temperatures over 30 degrees Celsius.
- See your doctor if symptoms persist.
- Asteroid Ointment should be avoided in pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Avoid getting into the eyes.
- Avoid using if your are bleeding from the anal region or if oyu are allergic to any of the ingredients listed on the packaging.
- If you experience sensitivity reactions, stop using the ointment and consult your doctor
Note: Customer reviews are written by website visitors and are not intended as medical advice.
Average Customer Review: Not yet rated
Write an online review and share your thoughts with others.
browse by condition
health chemist blog
Regular articles about health conditions and health products.read all blog
Join Us on Facebook
for special offers, giveaways, & more!